A Guy Named Brook

Monday, April 3, 2017

Is Your Name Brook? Mine Too.

I was renewing my security badge at work.  I was at the security office.  The man in the office took my identification.  When he returned my identification and gave me my new security badge, he asked if my name was Brook.  I told him it was.  He said his was too.  He said a funny thing was that his maternal grandparents's last name was Brooks.

I asked if people were confused by his name and often called him Brooks or Brock.  He said they did.  I asked if his name was with or without an e.  He said without.  I then shook his hand and congratulated him on having parents that could spell correctly.

1 Comments:

  • Funnily enough my name is Brook, and my mothers maiden name is Brooks.
    Australian, born 1966 which seems to be the vintage of many male Brook's
    Teasing in high school due to Brooke Shields.

    Personally have only met two others, similar age, but one was spelled with an e.
    And read about Brook Phillip, big wave surfer from Tasmania.

    By Blogger Brook, At February 7, 2018 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home