A Guy Named Brook

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Determining Brook is a Girl's Name in a Jiffy

I went to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed and a safety and emissions inspection.  The guy takes my keys and says it will be 5 minutes for the oils change and 7 minutes for the inspection.  It was more than a half an hour before I got out of there.

After the guy gave us the estimate my daughter and I went and sat down in the waiting area.  I asked about them having WIFI on my way in and with in a minute the manager came out with the password for the WIFI.

A couple of minutes later a guy came out and looked past me and looked from woman to woman at the others in the room and called out "Brook?"

I had been the first one there, but as I waited for my name to be called to describe what they were going to do to my van other customers came in and waited and they were all women.

When I began to stand up the attendants eyes snapped to me.  As I walked through the door he was holding open he said something like, "Obviously you are not Brook."  I responded with, "Yep, that's me."

After all was done the Jiggy Lube guy apologized repeatedly for how long it had taken.  I don't know what the hold up was, since all the bays were empty when I arrived.  Just a day in the life for a guy named Brook.

2 Comments:

  • I just found your website and I can relate to many of your postings. I am a man and my name is Brooke. I share many of your experiences. For example, yesterday I called my cable provider to cancel service and the customer service rep. flagged my account because she assumed that Brooke is a woman. To remove the flag from my account, I now have to go stand in line at the cable provider's customer service center to show my identification to prove that I am indeed Brooke.

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM  

  • I love your blog. I am a man with the name Brooke and I struggle with this on a daily basis. I can relate to many of your postings.

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home