A Guy Named Brook

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

National Association of Professional Women

We started a business a while back and ever since we have been receiving unsolicited mail trying to sell us stuff. Yesterday I checked the mail and first found one addressed to Ms. Brook... OK I get that all the time. Its nothing new. This was just the first one sent to the business. The next piece of mail in the pile was addressed to me as well at my business name. It was from the National Association of Professional Women or something like that.

It is interesting how an organization would take an action like that based on nothing other than someone's name.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • a professional networking organization offering a membership to business owner...
    wow, you're right, i guess they should spend less time researching your business and more time researching the gender listed on your birth record...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 9, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

  • Anonymous Writes: "a professional networking organization offering a membership to business owner...
    wow, you're right, i guess they should spend less time researching your business and more time researching the gender listed on your birth record..."

    What in this story makes one think they did any research about my business other than the name of the business owner?

    How noble of them to pick my name off a list because I am a business owner who might be a woman and then stuff my mail box with unsolicited mail to try to sell, not offer, me a membership.

    By Blogger Brook, At September 9, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

  • You should see what happens when your telephone listing is "M Brooks." They can't find who they are looking for so, if the first initial and last name match, they call you. All the time!

    And oh yes, I also received a solicitation from NAPW.

    M. Brooks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 15, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

  • It's a great thing for you that you are a man anyway - the NAPW is a serious scam. I was contacted and seriously pressured to buy into the organization at a loft price ($689.00) which quickly went down when I told the rude lady I couldn't afford it, and the conversation ended on an abrupt and rude tone when she realized I wasn't going to bite.

    Lucky for you, you're a guy and don't fit one of the major criteria to be scammed by this organization!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 30, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home