A Guy Named Brook

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Waitress

I was out eating at a restaurant with coworkers.  There was a group of about eight of us.  When it came time to pay the waitress picked up our payments.  It appeared as though she grouped them together to return them to the people on the same side of the table for efficiency.  I was at the end of the table of the table.  She gave the guy across from me his change and then looked down at my credit card, looked around, and called out, "Brook".  She looked around again and spotted the only female in our group and began to walk that way.  I then raised my hand and said, "That's me."

5 Comments:

  • awkward! i bet she felt embarrassed

    By Blogger Ruthykins, At November 3, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

  • Hey man, I'm a guy named Brook, too. WTF?
    I know your pain. Keep up the good work in educating the morons of the world that dudes can be named Brook. Whenever someone tells me "I know a girl named Brook," I always ask them why the friend was given a boy's name. Turn the table on them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

  • So, I'm a guy named Brooke. That's right, I have an e on the end. Before the era of the internet, I just assumed that there were other Brooke's with an e on the end. Now, I'm beginning to feel like an island. I think I am the only guy named Brooke with an E. I am my own self-help group.

    By Anonymous Brooke, At May 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

  • @Brooke: I actually have a male upper-level manager whose named is Brooke - yes, with an "e." But it does seem to be a quite rare spelling for a male.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

  • I am a male Brooke, and I though I was the only one.

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home