A Guy Named Brook

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Even Computers Don't Help Them

A couple of years ago, maybe more, I was surprised to see a desktop computer station set up in a doctor's exam room. I thought this was fantastic. Things get entered right there and the rest of the staff can begin doing their part right away. The nurse took all of my information and blood pressure and all that and put it in the computer. I thought the doctor would add his notes there, but no he walked in with a tablet PC. Even better. Then things broke down.

The doctor comes in with his tablet and looks a little confused. He walks back out and then back in. I then wait for it. "The chart says we have Brook in this room..ur...um..."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home